The Tryouts & Skills Assessment for girls’ 13s-18s and the "All Call" for Ice Chips and Ice Shavings girls and boys for the 2013 season will be held on November 10 & 11, 2012, at Wisconsin Valley Lutheran High School, 601 Maple Ridge Road, Mosinee, Wisconsin 54455, in the gymnasium.
Players wishing to be involved with Wisconsin Ice VBC in the 13s-18s programs must be present at the Tryouts & Skills Assessment.
The purpose of the "All Call" is to view the potential Chips players in action as they learn volleyball skills with the intention of forming teams with similar athletic skill levels and to view the range of skill levels of the potential Shavings players. Girls and Boys are both welcome at the Chips and Shavings levels.
Details for Tryouts & Skills Assessment & "All Call"
Age Groups: Make sure that you determine the correct age group for which your daughter should try out. She must turn the age of the age group AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2012. Please see the age group chart.
Please note: "Ice Tryouts" is a sanctioned event. Only registered participants are allowed in the gymnasium.
The schedule for the weekend is still being discussed by the board and the schedule will be posted on this website when it has been finalized. Most likely the 13s, 14s & 15s tryouts will be scheduled on Saturday, November 10, 2012, and the tryouts for 16s, 17s & 18s will be scheduled for Sunday, November 11, 2012. The "All Call" for the Chips and Shavings programs will most likely be scheduled on Saturday, November 10, 2012.
- Registration for the "Tryouts" on or before November 8, 2012 is $30 for 13s-18s and late registration after November 8, 2012, is $40 or if the complete registration instructions have not been followed.
- The Ice registration fee for the Ice Chips & Ice Shavings "All Call" on November 10 or 11, 2012 is $10.
- On-line "Web Point" registration (and the Web Point fee, which is separate from the Ice tryout fee) must be completed & all Ice forms & the Ice tryout fee check must be in our hands by November 8, 2011, in order to be considered early registration.
- Tryout & All Call fees are non-refundable. Make checks payable to "Wisconsin Ice VBC".
More detailed information regarding the registration process will be discussed at the Parent & Potential Player Informational Meeting on October 21, 2012.
If you have questions, please contact our Program Directors as follow:
- 13s-15s programs:
Jay & Shelly Johnson
(715) 340-3784 & (715) 340-0466
- 16s-18s programs:
- Ice Chips & Shavings Programs:
To be determined
Contact Jay & Shelly Johnson as shown above
Directions: take I-39/US-51 toward Mosinee; take the Maple Ridge Road exit, EXIT 181; Turn LEFT if heading north on I-39 or RIGHT if heading south on I-39 onto Maple Ridge Road; Continue on Maple Ridge Road, over the railroad tracks until you reach Wisconsin Valley Lutheran High School on the left side of Maple Ridge Road at 601 Maple Ridge Road, Mosinee 54455.