The Tryouts & Skills Assessment for girls’ 13s-18s and the “All Call” for Ice Chips and Ice Shavings girls and boys for the 2017 season will be held on November 12 & 13, 2016, at Wisconsin Valley Lutheran High School, 601 Maple Ridge Road, Mosinee, Wisconsin 54455, in the gymnasium.
Players wishing to be involved with Wisconsin Ice VBC in the 13s-18s programs must be present at the Tryouts & Skills Assessment.
The purpose of the “All Call” is to view the potential Chips players in action as they learn volleyball skills with the intention of forming teams with similar athletic skill levels and to view the range of skill levels of the potential Shavings players. Girls and Boys are both welcome at the Chips and Shavings levels.
Details for Tryouts & Skills Assessment and “All Call”
Age Groups: Make sure that you determine the correct age group for which your daughter should try out. She must turn the age of the age group AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2016. Please see the age group chart available on the Badger Region website, badgerregionvolleyball.org.
Please note: “Ice Tryouts” is a sanctioned event. Only USAV & Wisconsin Ice VBC registered participants are allowed in the gymnasium.
Schedule for Tryouts & Skills Assessment & “All Call”
The schedule for the weekend of November 12 & 13, 2016, is as follows:
Saturday, November 12
9:00 am - 10:30 am - “All Call” for Ice Chips (11 & 12 year old girls and boys) & Ice Shavings (8-10 year old girls and boys).
11:00 am - 1:00 pm - 13s Tryouts
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm - 14s Tryouts
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm - 15s Tryouts
Sunday, November 13
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm - 17s & 18s Tryouts (This includes 18 National prospects)
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm - 16s Tryouts (This includes 16 National prospects)
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Make-Up Session for Players that are Unable to Attend Their Scheduled Age Group Tryout Session
Please note that this Tryouts & Skills Assessment and “All Call” schedule is subject to change so please visit the Wisconsin Ice VBC website often for the most current information.
- Registration for the “Tryouts” on or before November 9, 2016 is $30 for 13s-18s and late registration after November 9, 2016, is $40 or if the complete registration instructions have not been followed.
- The Ice registration fee for the Ice Chips & Ice Shavings “All Call” on November 12, 2016 is $10.
- On-line “Web Point” registration (and the Web Point fee, which is separate from the Ice tryout fee) must be completed & all Ice forms & the Ice tryout fee check must be in our hands by November 9, 2016, in order to be considered early registration.
- Tryout & All Call fees are non-refundable. Make checks payable to “Wisconsin Ice VBC”.
- Players must try out at the session consistent with their age before trying out at an older age level. Players must pay for each tryout session that they attend. The only exception to this is if a Director of the Club has invited them to try out at an older age level than their age. In this case, the player will only need to pay for the session consistent with their age.
More detailed information regarding the registration process will be discussed at the Parent & Potential Player Informational Meeting on October 23, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact our Program Directors as follows:
13s-15s programs and Ice Chips & Ice Shavings Programs:
Jay & Shelly Johnson
(715) 340-3784 & (715) 340-0466
Directions to the Informational Meeting, Tryouts & Skills Assessment, & All Call at Wisconsin Valley Lutheran High School
Directions: take I-39/US-51 toward Mosinee; take the Maple Ridge Road exit, EXIT 181; Turn LEFT if heading north on I-39 or RIGHT if heading south on I-39 onto Maple Ridge Road; Continue on Maple Ridge Road, over the railroad tracks until you reach Wisconsin Valley Lutheran High School on the left side of Maple Ridge Road at 601 Maple Ridge Road, Mosinee 54455.