The Tryouts and All Call this past weekend was very successful with the most talent we have seen for a Wisconsin Ice VBC Tryout. We thank all of the players for trying out for the Club. For those of you that received a blue team offer card, we ask that you contact us as quickly as possible as to your decision as to whether you will accept or decline your offer so that we will know if we can offer spots on our teams to those who did not receive a blue card offer at the Tryouts.
We ask that the players that did not receive an offer at the Tryouts to please be patient as we work through the offer acceptance or decline process. The players that participated on a Wisconsin Ice team last year, have to respond to their offer by 9:01 pm Tuesday, November 15, according to the Badger Region Volleyball Association rules. The players that received offers that did not play for Wisconsin Ice last year, have until 9:01 pm on Thursday, November 17, to respond to their offer. Please respond as quickly as possible out of respect for the players that are waiting to find out if they will receive an offer to play on a Wisconsin Ice team for the 2017 season.
Steps to Follow After Tryouts:
- If you received an offer to play on a team and you accepted it, go back into Webpoint, upgrade your membership to the full membership and select “Wisconsin Ice VBC” as your Club.
- If you did not receive an offer, please wait patiently until the Club receives responses to all offers that were given at Tryouts to find out whether or not you will receive an offer to play on a team.
- Mail your membership fee and the completed page 25 of the Handbook so that it is received in the mail before the first practice that is scheduled for November 27. Mail to: Wisconsin Ice VBC, Jay Johnson, 2501 Springville Drive, Plover, WI 54467.
- Visit the website next week to find the practice schedule for November and December.
- Please see more detail below in this article regarding the above items if the steps are not clear to you.
Those of you that received a blue card offer at the Tryouts and you accepted it must make sure that you go into your Webpoint account, upgrade to the full membership if you have not done so already, and select Wisconsin Ice VBC as your club. At that point, you will be a member of your Wisconsin Ice team.
The first practice for all players for this season will be held on Sunday, November 27. As soon as the teams are finalized and the coaches are assigned to their teams, your coach will contact you as to the time and venue for your first practice. The practice schedule will be posted sometime next week on this website for November and December.
We have a great and very talented coaching staff this year. These coaches are all excited to meet you and begin practicing for the upcoming season.
All players that are participating on a Wisconsin Ice team or in the Chips and Shavings programs must mail your membership fee payment along with page 25 of the Handbook to Wisconsin Ice VBC, Jay Johnson, 2501 Springville Drive, Plover, WI 54467, so that it is received before your first practice on November 27. Please make sure that you read the entire Handbook. By the player and her parent(s) signing the form, they are agreeing that they will follow all of the guidelines and rules that are outlined in the Handbook.
The membership fee schedule is in the Handbook on page 15 of the Handbook and in the PowerPoint presentation that was shown at the Informational Meeting on October 23. The Handbook is found on this website under the Resources tab at the top of the Home Page. The PowerPoint presentation can also be found under the Resources tab under the Informational Meeting tab.
There is also an optional pizza fundraiser that is available to help those in financial need to pay their membership fee.
The answers to the majority of your questions that might come up can be found in the Handbook and the Information Meeting PowerPoint presentation.
We look forward to the first practice!