When You Arrive:
- Verify your Registration at the check-in table. Please arrive at least ½ hour before your scheduled tryout time. Show your Badger Region/USAV membership card. Get your tryout number and testing sheet.
- If you did not register in advance (for $30), you will need to complete the Wisconsin Ice VBC Tryout form – 2018, the USAV Medical Release Form, the Concussion Form, and write a check for $40 to “Wisconsin Ice VBC” (includes $10 late fee). If you did not register with the Badger Region/USAV, you will need to register on-line on “Webpoint” and charge on your credit card either the full $50 fee ($15 for Shavings, free for players 8 & under) or the $10 tryout fee. You will also need to print out your membership card and show it as proof that you are registered with the USAV/Badger Region. The Wisconsin Ice VBC fee for the “All Call” for Chips and Shavings is $10 (no late fee).
- Get your picture taken holding your number in front of you.
- Pin your tryout number on your back with 4 pins before you enter the gym.
- Fill in your testing sheet info & then go into the gym to complete the vertical jump & shuttle run testing stations (this does not apply to Shavings).
- Return your completed testing sheet to the gym monitor or to the person at the computer input table.
- When your age group is called, go into the gym for the drills and game-like situations for skills assessment.
- Listen carefully at the conclusion of your tryout session to the Directors. You may get an offer for a spot on a team (13s & 14s) in the gym and if so, you will get a blue card stating your offer that you must complete –or- you may be told that you need to wait for a telephone call or an e-mail message as to where you fall in the tryout hierarchy.
After Your Tryout or “All Call” Session:
- After you are dismissed from the gym, return your tryout number and your pins to the registration desk for the next age group to use!!!! If you have a blue offer card, then complete it, return it to the Director, & select “Wisconsin Ice VBC” as your club in Webpoint on your cell phone or laptop.
- Take the optional fundraiser information and order forms if you are interested in participating in it. Fundraiser forms and payments are due to Jay Johnson, the Fundraiser Administrator, on December 10, 2017 at WVLHS from 2-4 pm.
- Those players that accept a position on a team will be contacted as to when and where they will need to try on their uniform for size.
- The optional spirit wear will be on display during the Tryouts for the 15s through 18s age levels for those that are interested in ordering items and would like to see the items and try them on. Your order forms & payment for spirit wear will be due on December 3, at your first practice.
After You Leave the Tryout & “All Call” Facility:
- 13s & 14ss must wait for a telephone call or an e-mail message for an “offer” if you were not given an offer at the tryouts. Please be patient as teams are formed. The top performers at tryouts are offered first and they have until Thursday, October 12, 2017, (Tuesday, October 10, 2017, if they were a member of Wisconsin Ice last season), at 9:01 pm to accept the offer. If everyone above you accepts or declines their offer right away, then you will get an offer sooner. This does not apply to Ice Chips & Ice Shavings players.
- After the first deadline for offers expires, another offer may be given to some players and if so, their new deadline is Wednesday, October 18, at 6:00 pm. There is potentially a window of over a week after the tryouts before everyone is contacted about playing on a team.
- The 13s & 14s players will be assigned to teams before their first practice. Teams will only be offered if there are enough players to complete a team and if there are enough coaches to staff these teams.
- Please be patient (and as cool as “Ice”) throughout the tryouts and offering period. We assure you that we move the process along as fast as we can based on the timing of the answers that we receive from the players that are offered a spot on a team. If you are offered a spot on a team, please respond to this offer as quickly as possible because other players are waiting for their offer based on your response to your offer.
- Thank you for trying out for Wisconsin Ice VBC. We wish you a fun and educational season with Ice!